Hayward Film Festival
Call for Submissions
Inspired by the nationwide 48-Hour Film Festival, the Hayward Film Festival is taking on a new challenge for our local talents, giving a short list of creative requirements to kickstart your new project. Unlike the 48-Hour Film Festival, aspiring filmmakers will have months to piece together something new.
Open to interpretation within the following genres of Animation, Fiction Narrative, Non-Fiction Narrative (Documentary), Public Service Announcement (P.S.A.), and Experimental, all requirements must be met. Please choose the Gold List or the Blue List and use those elements in your project for the Hayward Film Festival 2018.
Submissions for the Hayward Film Festival will open in January of 2018. Final submissions are due in the Spring of 2018 (more specified date to come).
Terms and Rules
- Entry is strongly encouraged to students enrolled in East Bay Area school districts.
- All films must be uploaded to Vimeo and the link to the films must be included when you fill out the Submission Form.
- Films must not exceed 6 minutes in total running time, including credits.
- All selected films may be excerpted (up to 60 seconds) for promotional material.
- All selections will be notified by an email notification and phone call.
- Profanity in film is not suitable for this event and may disqualify your submission.
- Each film submitted must fulfill all of the requirements from either the BLUE or the GOLD list:
- Character: Unlimited number of characters; at least 1 character must wear big headphones. Character with headphones must have 1 medium close-up. Character/person does not need to be the main character.
- Line of Monologue/Dialogue: "There has to be another way."
- Prop: Water (glass of water, body of water, etc.)
- Character: Unlimited number of characters; at least 1 character must wear glasses. Character/person with glasses must have 1 medium close-up. Character/person does not need to be the main character.
- Line of Monologue/Dialogue: "I'm not going anywhere near that thing."
- Prop: Time (timer, watch, clock, sundial, etc.)
This is an opportunity for aspiring media makers to exhibit their films and be recognized for their achievements in the Bay.
Please follow these instructions on submitting your film
- Create a Vimeo account.
- Upload your film to Vimeo.
- Complete the Submission Form (this will be made available in January of 2018).
- If you have any questions please email email@example.com
The Festival Showcase will take place in Spring of 2018 at the Hayward Area Historical Society Museum of History & Culture.
For more information call 510-581-0223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org